Meet… Kari Rusch!
Kari Rusch is the Contract Pricing Manager with Standard Electric Supply Co. She works out of Standard Electric’s Appleton, WI location. We asked Kari ten questions to get to know her better!
What interests or hobbies do you have outside of work?
I enjoy walking or hiking. Especially somewhere tropical. It is relaxing and leaves you feeling refreshed. Hiking someplace new, while on vacation, also brings the fun element of exploring.
Who inspires you?
I cannot say that I have just one person that is the most inspiring to me. I think that there are bits and pieces of those who come into our lives, even if just for a season, that I draw inspiration from. People I may have only met and knew for a short time, could leave a lasting memory; an imprint in my life based on that situation or encounter. I am always looking for the “special” that is in each of us! I always find that inspiring!
What are you currently watching on Netflix/Some other streaming service?
We watch a lot of Marvel at our house. We also watch All American and Cobra Kia and the Chosen.
What is the most beautiful place you've ever seen/traveled?
This is a tough one! I am going to go with two answers:
- Cuba – the people we met there were so amazing and beautiful
- Hawaii – the views from my hikes were breathtaking
What is your personal philosophy and how has it guided you?
I have many, but two main philosophies that I believe I draw from daily:
- Take every thought captive. I believe thought life is very important. I am intentional about being in tune with my thoughts and ensuring that I do not dwell on thoughts that don’t produce something positive and healthy. This is something that I believe has enhanced my emotional intelligence and professionalism.
- Leave people, or places, better than how you found them. I believe that serving others is actually more rewarding to the person serving than the person receiving!
What is the one thing, you can’t live without?
Peanut Butter and Coffee. Pretty sure I would be just fine if these were the only two food groups left on planet earth
What is your favorite part of working at Standard Electric?
Coming from working with and around customers and associates in multiple locations to working with very few people face to face; I have enjoyed the challenge of getting creative to build working relationships with others remotely. Standard has great associates and learning how everyone contributes to the overall success has been a rewarding part of my time here thus far.
What’s something most people don’t know about you?
I sing a good portion of my day. Might be to music that I have playing, or it might be singing my conversational responses when chatting with my kids. Sometimes it annoys them, sometimes they sing their responses back.
If you won the lottery, what is the first thing you would do?
Give 10% away.
If you had three wishes, what would you wish for?
- My children to grow up to accomplish everything they are meant to
- Enough resources to eliminate world hunger
- To have all of the iron man gear
Standard Electric Supply Co. is a family-owned distributor, built on delivering outstanding service. For over 100 years, Standard Electric has been the best at what they do; delivering top-quality products, outstanding service, and providing value-added services to customers across the Midwest. Visit standardelectricsupply.com to see how Standard Electric can become the solution to your needs.
Sharing this post