As manufacturing scales for growth, control and operation systems become integral to driving efficiency and productivity. And the backbone for mounting and protecting systems is the modest enclosure. Industrial enclosures act much like a safe or strongbox to mount and protect your electronics, process controls, power systems and other business-critical equipment. This storage and protection can be installed almost anywhere on the plant floor and is delivered in a single footprint.
Rittal understands these needs and has engineered enclosure systems that are flexible enough to expand, adapt, and integrate easily with diverse manufacturing environments. Rittal industrial enclosures are built to brave the elements and withstand the most punishing environmental conditions.
Enclosures will protect from water, dust, corrosive liquids and other contaminants. They will provide security for systems in remote locations, and climate control to moderate thermal fluctuations that will extend the life of internal components. But choosing the right enclosure for your need may be the biggest challenge you will face.
Rittal’s Large Enclosure Selector Guide will take you through each of these issues to help you find the right solution to meet your needs and ensure operational success for years to come. Here are a few questions to consider as you think about the proper enclosure:
- Will I need a single enclosure or multiple enclosures?
- Is there a foreseeable need for enclosure expansion?
- Are there arc flash or other potential safety hazards to address?
- Does the enclosure need protection from standing water?
- What corrosive gas, vapor, liquid, or dust particles may be present?
- Is there exposure to any by-products of manufacturing processes?
- Is exposure to weather a concern?
- To what temperature will the enclosure will be exposed?
- What is the total weight of the components to be housed?
- Is the enclosure location secured or accessible by many?
Rittal makes it easy for you to select the right enclosure for your application with online configurators, selectors and apps. Determine what enclosure is right for you, design it, add accessories and order with the Rittal Configuration System or the Large Enclosure Selector.
To use one of Rittal's selector tools, click HERE.
If you have additional questions, contact your Standard Electric Supply Co. account manager or call 1-800-776-8222. See our full line of Rittal products at www.standardelectricsupply.com.