Contributing author: Heidi Ruiz, Lakeshore Electrical Sales
Eaton Crouse-Hinds provides a variety of plug and receptacle designs for both fixed or portable power applications. Rugged construction, extensive configurations, custom capabilities, and numerous interlocked designs provided reliable NEC and IEC solutions.
With an assortment of options including Arktite, Cam-Lock, and Posi-lok, Crouse-Hinds is sure to have a solution for you.
There is no substitute for Crouse-Hinds’ Arktite pin and sleeve device. Arktite is available in 20A through 400A with reserve contacts, special polarity, and Corro-FreeTM epoxy powder finish for added corrosion resistance. Download the full Akrtite brochure to learn more.
- Supply power to portable electrical equipment such as welders, motor-generator sets, compressors, conveyors, and similar equipment
- Areas where dust, dirt, moisture, and corrosion are a problem
- Indoors and outdoors in manufacturing plants, process industry facilities, and similar industrial locations
- Where temporary power is needed, such as at trailers, building units, heavy machinery, etc.
Cam-LokTM plugs and receptacles replace expensive and bulky multi-conductor cables, allowing the use of lighter, single-conductor cables rated at higher amperages. Cam-LokTM connectors also provide the ability to quickly connect and disconnect without tools. Download the full Cam-Lok brochure to learn more.
- Specifically designed to meet the needs of demanding portable applications
- Ideal for power distribution, motors, generators, and entertainment applications
- Replace expensive and bulky multi-conductor cables to allow for the use of lighter, single-conductor cables rated at higher amperages
Posi-LokTM power distribution panels bring a new level of safety to electrical power applications. Posi-Lok Power Distribution Systems let you use lighter, single conductor cables rated at higher amperages. Download the full Posi-Lok brochure to learn more.
Features and applications:
- Built-in safety features require the user to connect or disconnect each plug-in sequence
- Protective receptacle covers cannot be raised until the preceding plug is locked into position
- Single conductor cable that can be used to full amperage capability without the need to derate like multi-conductor solutions
- Ideal for disaster relief, temporary power, standby emergency power, and power distribution applications
If you have additional questions, contact your Standard Electric Supply Co. account manager or call 1-800-776-8222. See our full line of Eaton Crouse-Hinds products on our website.