Electric motors are significant in most industries; without them, your applications wouldn’t work. Motor pump liquids, transport heavy materials, move air masses, and support the processing of raw materials. Since motors are the leading unit in your facility, they should be durable and reliable with no chances of failure. SIRIUS soft starters do just this. They limit the starting current and torque to best fit your application.
The 3RW5 family of soft starters extends Siemens product range with market leading technology features for practically every user application. The 3RW5 family is a game changer allowing Siemens to broaden their market leadership in motor control applications.
Top benefits of the 3RW52 soft starter include:
- Compact size (less than 8” deep up to 400HP)
- Flexible HMI choices (install the high feature, standard, or omit the display)
- Five available communication protocols (PB, PN, MB-TCP, EIP, MB-RTU)
- Three phases controlled for application flexibility
- Wide range of control voltages (24V AC/DC and 110-250V AC)
- Selectable analog or thermistor input for optimal protection of motor and load
Multiple applications of the SIRIUS 3RW5 soft starter:
- Pump cleaning and pump stopping mode
- Electrical ruggedness
- Condition monitoring
- Automatic parameterization
- Integrated braking functions
The digital transformation of industry is in full swing and Siemens’ latest generation of soft starters supports companies in fully embracing the potential of digitization. This is particularly beneficial when it comes to economic efficiency, making it faster and easier to achieve optimum results, with permanently high availability thanks to shorter downtimes.
To learn more about Siemens SIRIUS soft starters, visit www.standardelectricsupply.com or contact your Standard Electric Supply Co. account manager.