Safety is key when you’re working with portable or fixed electrical equipment like a generator. It’s important that you have the ability to safely turn machinery on and off – and that’s where the Arktite interlocked receptacles come in.
Designed for use in non-hazardous areas where dust, moisture and corrosion may be a problem, Arktite interlocked receptacles were designed to prevent operators from opening an enclosure while the plug is engaged and the switch is in the ON position. This is done by having the switch enclosure and receptacle interlocked with the body and operating mechanism. The interlock mechanism on the receptacle also prevents the plug from being disengaged while it’s under load.
Available in 30, 60, and 100 amp configurations, the Arktite interlocked receptacles are designed for flush or surface mounts. As a fusible switch it also provides short circuit protection.
Arktite interlocked receptacles are designed with easy access and are built to last:
- Optional window allows viewing of both visible blade and indicating type fuses
- HP rated enclosed switch for motor load applications
- Optional 22.5° rotated interior of receptacle allows for differentiation when used on circuits of different voltages
- Ground bar supplied as standard and connected to 4th wire in receptacle
Rugged enclosure design:
- Tool-free cover latches for quick and easy access
- Corrosion- and impact resistant
- Type 4X, watertight and IP66 ratings (model dependent)
- Door with seamless gasket prevents moisture ingress
- Handle with insulated grip features a positive stop in both ON and OFF positions
- Complies with OSHA lockout/tagout requirements
- Corro-free™ powder coat epoxy and threaded cap ensure added corrosion resistance (stainless steel versions)
- Split pin, self-wiping naval brass contacts in receptacle provide nearly 360° contact and ensure better contact life
For more information and specs, click here.
Standard Electric Supply Co. is a family-owned distributor, built on delivering outstanding service. For over 100 years, Standard Electric has been the best at what they do; delivering top-quality products, outstanding service, and providing value-added services to customers across the Midwest. Visit standardelectricsupply.com to see how Standard Electric can become the solution to your needs.