Transformers have been and remain an essential part of our electrical infrastructure. Everywhere we look there is a transformer supplying power to industrial, commercial, or residential applications.
Improving the energy efficiency of new transformers is a primary goal for both the U.S. Department of Energy (DOE) and Natural Resources Canada (NRCan). Over the last decade, new and more stringent energy efficiency regulations were put into effect:
- The United States change occurred January 1st, 2016
- Canada aligned with the United States effective April 30th, 2018
Hammond Power Solutions, the industry leading manufacturer of standard and custom dry-type transformers in North America, proudly supports the new regulations and the environmental benefits resulting from using higher efficiency transformers.
DOE 2016/NRCan 2019 Compliant HPS Medium Voltage Transformers
The new DOE 2016/NRCan 2019 product lines from HPS are based on extensive customer input resulting in industry leading technologies and materials to meet your most demanding applications.
Medium Voltage Distribution Transformers - HPS Millennium G
With three phase ratings from 15 to 1500kVA and single-phase ratings from 15-333kVA, they feature the newest technology and manufacturing processes. They are suitable for any commercial, industrial or renewable energy application, and can be offered for a variety of environmental conditions and built to meet the most onerous duty.
The HPS Millennium G features a core and coil construction:
- Manufactured from quality non-aging, cold rolled grain oriented, silicon steel laminations
- Cores are precision cut to close tolerances which eliminates burrs and improves performance
- Core is coated to resist oxidation
- Precision wound with copper or aluminum conductors that are electrically balanced to minimize axial forces during short-circuit conditions
- Wire or foil conductors for optimum performance for the application
- Robust interface between core & coils for better short circuit performance
- Front accessible separate high and low voltage terminals with connectors suitable for either copper or aluminum cables.
Benefits of using the HPS Millennium G include:
- Meets the minimum efficiency standards mandated in DOE 10 CFR Part 431 (levels as of Jan. 1st 2016), NRCan 2019 SOR/2018-201 (effective April 30th, 2019), resulting in increased dollar savings and positive societal/ environmental payback
- Designed for indoor or outdoor applications
- VPI windings are mechanically durable for the most demanding environments
- Minimal maintenance required beyond removing surface contaminants, such as dust
- Ease of installation
- Excellent resistance to short circuits
- Self-extinguishing in the unlikely event of fire
- Environmentally friendly
For more information and for individual specs on the three available sizes of the Millennium G, click here.
Standard Electric Supply Co. is a family-owned distributor, built on delivering outstanding service. For over 100 years, Standard Electric has been the best at what they do; delivering top-quality products, outstanding service, and providing value-added services to customers across the Midwest. Visit standardelectricsupply.com to see how Standard Electric can become the solution to your needs.