Thermal and electrical overstress – that’s what you must worry about when it comes to major failures in Power Semiconductor devices. But what can you do to prevent such failures?
Littelfuse POWR- SPEED high-speed fuses were specifically designed to include the short-circuit characteristic that are necessary to protect semiconductor devices, including low energy let-through, low peak current, low-arc voltage, and high heat dissipation. High-speed fuses are the only type of circuit protection divide that can protect them from overcurrent faults due to their low energy let-through characteristics.
POWR-SPEED Fuses that are ideal for the power generation market include:
- PSR series: These 1300Vac / 1000Vdc square body fuses offer the best-in-class DC performance, superior cycling capabilities, global certifications, and a low watt-loss design. They are available in 40A – 2000A current ratings
- PSX series: These 1500Vdc square body fuses are specifically designed to protect DC applications including Battery Energy Starters, inverters, rectifiers, and regenerative drives. Littelfuse can achieve a 200kA interrupt rating for 80A to 1400A current ratings in the smallest package size on the market.
But Littelfuse offers well more than just high-speed fuses for the power generation market!
- UL Fuses: Littelfuse manufactures a complete selection of UL Class fuses for protecting electrical systems and personnel. Fuses include innovative features such as indication and improved productivity, while enhancing the safety of systems.
- Fuse Blocks & Holders: OEMs and product designers select Littelfuse fuse blocks and holders because of their compact designs, indication features, and the flexibility of DIN rail mounting.
- Arc-Flash Protection Relays: The Littelfuse arc-flash relays can detect a developing arc-flash incident and send a trip signal to interrupt power before significant damage occurs.
Want to learn more about the Littelfuse Industrial Product Portfolio? Click here for more information.
Standard Electric Supply Co. is a family-owned distributor, built on delivering outstanding service. For over 100 years, Standard Electric has been the best at what they do; delivering top-quality products, outstanding service, and providing value-added services to customers across the Midwest. Visit standardelectricsupply.com to see how Standard Electric can become the solution to your needs.